Here are my best tips and tricks for maximizing your time at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
First thing you need to know is that you can enter the park as early as 4:00 PM! So start traveling to the Magic Kingdom between 3:00 PM (if you’re parking and need to take the ferry or monorail) and 3:30 PM (if you’re taking the monorail from the Polynesian, Contemporary, or Grand Floridian or a resort bus).
4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Option 1: Do any rides that you really want to do that will be closed during the party
Option 2: Get in line for your must-do rare character meet-and-greets. Waits for Jack and Sally can be as long as 3 hours!
Get dinner during this time as well! Having one person in your group do Mobile Order to get quick-service food that you can eat in line for characters is one of the most efficient uses of your time.
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Most of the special party ride overlays and characters start meeting at 7:00 PM so figure out your priorities for this block of time. Waits for the lines will be pretty short and none of the ride overlays are can’t-miss if the lines get any longer than 20 minutes. If you care about party-specific merchandise, try and buy it as early as possible during the party because they could go out of stock for the night.
If there’s a chance of inclement weather, get a spot for the first Boo to You Parade in Frontierland. The later showing might get cancelled if it is raining too hard. If there isn’t going to be bad weather, keep meeting characters or riding rides!
Get a spot for Hallowishes in the hub area near the castle. The farther away from the park entrance on Main Street you can get, the better. This is an epic fireworks show and you’ll have a good view from mostly anywhere, but the recommended areas will really immerse you in the experience.
Either get a spot for the Boo to You Parade (it is worth seeing twice from the opposite side of the street from where you first saw it) or do any last minute character meet-and-greets or rides before the end of the party. Trick-or-treating at this time is what I would recommend because the cast members will be trying to get rid of candy and you will only have to carry around a heavy bag for a little while.
Watch the final showing of the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. This is a very fun show and there will be far fewer people at the latest showing. Getting as close to the stage as possible is not necessary unless you want some up-close photos of the Disney villains. Hades, Maleficent, Oogie Boogie, Lady Tremaine, Dr. Facilier, the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Cruella De Vil all make appearances as well.
- Deep Space Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Mad Tea Party
- Performers in front of Haunted Mansion
- Cadaver Dans Barber Shop Quartet in Frontierland (find showtimes on the official map)
- Jungle Cruise
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Meeting Ariel as a Mermaid in Ariel’s Grotto
- Mickey’s Philharmagic (Treat Trail)
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor (Treat Trail)
- Carousel of Progress (Treat Trail)
- Meeting Tinker Bell (Treat Trail)
- Tom Sawyer Island (Treat Trail)
- Enchanted Tiki Room (Treat Trail)
Additional Treat Trail Locations
- Splash Mountain
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Walt Disney World Railroad in Fantasyland
- Columbia Harbor House
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Jack and Sally (very long wait)
- Mickey Mouse (in Halloween costume)
- Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald (in Halloween costumes)
- Anastasia and Drizella
- Queen of Hearts, Alice, Tweedle-Dee, Tweedle-Dum, Mad Hatter
- Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger (in Halloween costumes)
- Ariel and Eric
- Belle and Gaston
- Seven Dwarfs (very long wait)
- Rapunzel, Tiana, Cinderella, Elena (like normal operating hours)
- Stitch in Elvis Costume
- Tarzan, Jane and Terk
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Aladdin, Abu, Genie, Jasmine
There isn’t very much party-exclusive food besides some desserts, so try and get some food before the official 7 pm party start so you can spend most of the party time doing party-specific activities.
Some of the best snacks available for 2018 are:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake at Main Street Bakery
- Maleficent Lime Soft Serve Cone at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland
- Candy Corn Soft Serve at Auntie Gravity’s in Tomorrowland
- Hades Nachos at Pecos Bill’s in Frontierland
- Caramel Stuffed Pretzel at the Cider House in Adventureland
- Zero Waffle Sundae at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square
- Jack Skellington Cake Pop at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square
- Madam Leota Dessert at Liberty Square Market
- Oogie Boogie Meringue at Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland
- Muenster Smash Burger at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland
Boo to You Parade at 9:15 pm and 11:15 pm
If you’re a parade person or not, this parade is worth seeing! Some people will try to snag the best spots for parade viewing up to an hour before show time, but if you don’t mind standing behind a few other people, you can get a spot about 15 minutes before the show starts. Frontierland is usually less packed than Main Street.
Hallowishes at 10:15 pm
The best Disney World nighttime entertainment besides Happily Ever After, watching videos on YouTube does not do justice to the feeling of being surrounded by fireworks.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular at 8:30 pm, 10:45 pm, and 12:00 am
This show is hosted by the Sanderson Sisters but has several other Disney villains who come out, sing their songs, and crack jokes.
Other Photo Ops
- On “Market St” where you enter the party with character busts
- On Main St and in Town Square for all the pumpkin decor
- In front of the Haunted Mansion, there are several fun “magic shots” if you have access to Memory Maker
- As you’re leaving, there are several projections on the ground and smoke effects coming out of the train station that are really spook-tacular!
Would you be interested in some science of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? If so, comment below!